Atlanta Science Festival's EXPLORATION EXPO
Saturday, March 26, 2016, 11am-5pm at Centennial Olympic Park
RAIN or SHINE!
Atlanta's biggest interactive science event is FREE and open to adults, families, and children of all ages and interests. The Exploration Expo promotes science exploration, discovery and innovation with more than 100 interactive exhibits, hands-on experiments, mind blowing demos and performances! Meet local scientists and engineers at our five themed zones:
ENCOUNTER, sponsored by Emory University.
Meet real and unusual animals, touch a brain, discover rotifers, and get buggy with some impressive anthropods.
INVENT, sponsored by Georgia Tech.
See a micro particle, make a bio brick, launch a stomp rocket, and find out how hungry a robot can be!
DISCOVER, sponsored by Mercer University & Mercer Health Sciences Center.
Experience the power of chemical reactions, examine and construct the different parts of your brain, see ice boil, and get down and dirty with soil and worms!
THRIVE, sponsored by Cancer Treatment Centers of America.
Build strands of DNA and see how mutations occur, discover how precision medicine, targeted therapies, diet and exercise are helping us stay healthy and live well.
INNOVATOR'S PLAYGROUND, sponsored by The Children's School.
Turn your little ones into future scientists and innovators with creative play in an area designed specifically for elementary school children: big blue blocks, LEGOs, tinkering toys, Incredible Foam dough, and much more!
SEE AND DO:
- fly a drone, touch a brain, and stay afloat in a Non-Newtonian Fluid Dance Pit! Browse the full exhibitor lists, organized by zone/booth# or by organization name.
- have a seat and a snack at the POWER-UP ZONE, sponsored by Georgia Power
- participate in a 40-foot LEGO Build of the City of Atlanta
- express your love of science through haiku with Guerilla Sciku
- bring your own soil and join a citizen science project to measure soil moisture and calibrate NASA's SMAP satellite
- enjoy some science story time and discover the science inside of an Oreo at one of the 30-minute activities at the Engineer’s Workshop
- grab a cup coffee and enjoy interactive demos and engaging activities on cutting-edge research at the Chemistry Café.
- run off those pre-Expo jitters in the 5K Fun Run (starts 10am, registration required)
- show off your best science-themed costumes in the Science Parade into the Park (lineup at 10am, registration required)
HOW TO GET THERE: Last year's event drew over 17,000 people, so it's going to be crowded and parking will be limited. Please consider MARTA, taxi, or streetcar. Here is a list of nearby paid parking decks and surface lots:
- Centennial Deck, 131 Centennial Olympic Park Dr. NW, Atlanta, GA 30303
- LAZ Parking, 152 Luckie Street NW, Atlanta, GA 30303
- AAA Parking, 250 Williams Street NW, Atlanta, GA 30303 (Enter Parking Deck on Baker St. between COP and Williams St.)
- College Football Hall of Fame Parking Deck, 250 Marietta St, Atlanta, GA 30313
EXHIBITORS: Info for exhibitors, including booth#, layout, load-in info can be found in our Exhibitor Packet.
QUESTIONS? Contact Melody Richardson at firstname.lastname@example.org.